June 2011 -
- Lancaster Community Garden awarded a Tillotson Grant under the auspices of fiscal sponsor the Red Eft Project
- Temporary garden planted behind All Saints Catholic Church for the food pantry
May 2012 -
- Garden raising with 30+ volunteers who turned out to build our garden on the site of the former Elm's Hotel.
- The inaugural growing period begins with 21 gardeners. Fees were waived and gardeners were asked to share some of their produce with the food pantry.
March 2015 -
- The founding board members incorporate Taproot Farm & Environmental Education Center (Taproot) as a NH non-profit organization
- The Lancaster Community Garden is absorbed as a program of Taproot's
May 2015 -
- Taproot becomes the north country coordinator for NH Gleans
July 2015 -
- An anonymous community member lends Taproot the start-up costs for the Root Seller Marketplace interest-free.
- The first gleans begin, with food donations going to the Lancaster Community Cupboard.
October 2015 -
- Taproot opens the Root Seller Marketplace with 5 Local Direct Vendors.
July 2016 -
- NH Gleans- North Country picks up the Tyler Blaine House, SAU 36 summer food program, and the food pantry in Whitefield as recipient sites, along with 5 gleaning volunteers.
October 2016 -
- Taproot celebrates the Root Seller Marketplace's 1-year anniversary with an Open House. It now has 40 Local Direct Vendors selling their products out of the store.
January 2017 -
- Taproot is invited to work with the students of the Gilman-Lunenburg schools in Vermont for its first educational programming.
March 2017 -
- Taproot receives its 501(c)3 tax-exempt status from the IRS.
April 2017 -
- Taproot's website goes live.
May 2017 -
- The Lancaster Community Garden rents the most garden beds since it began - 32 beds!
June 2017 -
- Taproot hires its first employees - its Executive Director and the Sales Associate for the Root Seller Marketplace.
- Taproot works with the Lunenburg, VT students to plant a school garden.
- NH Gleans- North Country picks up the All Saints Catholic Church Community Dinner in Lancaster and the Berlin Food Pantry as recipient sites.
- Taproot hosts "Rockin' the Park", a 5-week concert series that takes place in Centennial Park in Lancaster that celebrates local music, local food, and community