Summer Learning Garden Internship
The Summer Learning Garden Intern will assist with our summer camp programs, providing both gardening and educational assistance under the guidance of our Executive Director. The intern will assist with planting, weeding, and harvesting; assist with small group instruction; and planning and preparing activities for our summer campers. Our intern will also carry out a long-term project in the LCG with guidance from our Executive Director. The intern will primarily work in the LCG with some hours fulfilled at the Lunenburg Elementary School during our summer program. The internship is for 8 weeks beginning June 18th for 10-15 hours/week.
- Weeding, planting, and harvesting crops in both the LCG and the Gilman/Lunenburg School gardens.
- Work with executive director to plan and prepare activities for campers and participants in a variety of programs.
- Carry out a long-term project in the LCG.
- Friendly, "can-do" attitude and willingness to be flexible, as programming needs may shift daily.
- Willingness to work in any weather.
- An ability to self-motivate and ask for help as needed will be critical.
- Interest in environmental education, farm-based education, or science education, as demonstrated by previous activities, classes, or work experience.
- Interest or experience working with children
- Interest in and ability to do manual work in a large outdoor garden.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is an unpaid position intended as a learning opportunity for the intern and/or for the completion of service hours for school. The Intern will be welcome to take home some of the produce we grow each week.
- No housing is available with this internship.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position to:
Melissa Grella, email@example.com